Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Power Of Prayer And Fasting


Winners’ Chapel Sunday School - Nyeri        Date: 8th January 2012
LESSON OUTLINE WEEK: 2
Ages: 1 - 15 Years
Breakthrough Unlimited: 2011
Prophetic Focus: I Will Avenge My Elect SpeedilyLuke 18:1 - 8

TOPIC: Power of Prayer and Fasting
TEXT: 2 Chronicle 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Definitions:
Fasting =
Skipping meals and worldly pleasures in order to humble your body to seek God in prayers whole heartedly.
Prayer = Two way communication
between Man and God. The man presents his request to God, expecting God to answer back with touchable testimonies.

BIBLICAL CHARACTERS
:  Daniel – He set days to pray and fast trusting God for answers – Daniel 9:3 - And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes
MEMORY VERSE:
Matthew 17:21 - However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting. (MKJV)
Objective: Help the children learn and understand the power of Prayer and Fasting

What Happens When We Pray and Fast
1.      Fasting Helps Us to Humble ourselves To Pray
2 Chronicles 14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2.      Fasting Breaks Yokes –
Isaiah 58:6
- Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Matthew 17:21 -
However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting. (MKJV)

BIBLICAL TRUTH: Fasting Is Part of a Christian Life – Matthew 6:16
CHALLENGE FACTOR:
How many times are you able to follow the church fasting program?
POSITIVE CONFESSION: - I will try partial fasting for the coming 21 days of fasting.
ALTER CALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment