Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Why We Should Let God Avenge Us


Winners’ Chapel Sunday School - Nyeri        Date: 22nd January 2012
LESSON OUTLINE WEEK: 4
Ages: 1 - 15 Years
Breakthrough Unlimited: 2011
Prophetic Focus: I Will Avenge My Elect SpeedilyLuke 18:1 - 8

TOPIC: Why We Should Let God Avenge Us
TEXT: Romans 12:19 - Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." (RSV)

Definitions:
Vengeance  
is judging the people who have offended or hurt someone. It is rendering judgment to an evil doer

BIBLICAL CHARACTERS
:  David – He did not avenge himself when King Saul wanted to Kill him. He hoped for God to avenge him. – 1 Samuel 24:12 - The LORD judge between me and thee, and the LORD avenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be upon thee.
MEMORY VERSE:
Romans 12:19 - Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." (RSV)
Objective: Help the children learn not to avenge themselves but trust God to do it on their behalf.

Why We Should Let God Avenge Us
1.      He Knows All Our Enemies Even The Ones We Cannot Suspect.
Psalms 35:15 – 16
15 But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not:
16 With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.

2.      God Word Commands Us Not To Avenge Ourselves
Romans 12:19 -
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." (RSV)
BIBLICAL TRUTH: A Christian should never avenge himself or herself – Romans 12:19
CHALLENGE FACTOR:
Do you think it is possible to forgive your enemies and let God avenge you?
POSITIVE CONFESSION: - I will never avenge myself from today. I will let God do it Himself.

ALTER CALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment