Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Who Is The Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit)



TEXT: I John 5:7 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

BIBLICAL CHARACTERS
:  Disciples of Jesus – They waited for the Holy Spirit before they started their preaching missions. – Acts 1:8 - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
MEMORY VERSE:
Luke 24:49 - And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Objective: Help the children learn and understand who the Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit) is

Who is the Holy Ghost?
1.      The Holy Spirit is the 3rd person in the God Head
1 John 5:7 -  
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one

2.      He is our source of power
Acts 1:8 - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.  

Luke 24:49 -
And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

3.      He is our Comforter and Teacher
John 14:26 - But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

BIBLICAL TRUTH: Every Christian needs to be empowered by the Holy Spirit – Luke 24:49
CHALLENGE FACTOR:
Are you baptized with the Holy Spirit?
POSITIVE CONFESSION
: I will always seek to be taught and to be empowered by the Holy Spirit.

ALTER CALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment